Silver Spring Elementary School
News & Announcements from Silver Spring
HAPPY JUNE SILVER SPRING FAMILIES!!!!
Here is a list of activities planned for the month! We hope you can join us:
Friday, June 1:
- Books & Breakfast from 8 - 8:45 a.m. in the schoolyard
- PBIS Assembly from 2:10 - 2:40 p.m. in the gym
Monday, June 4:
- Rain Date: Tie-Dye Shirts during PE and Music classes in the schoolyard
Chance to Dance from 3 - 3:45 p.m.
Tuesday, June 5:
- Ice Cream & Lemonade Truck treat in the schoolyard
Wednesday, June 6:
- Chorus Concert from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 7:
- Grades 3 - 5 in the AM
- Kindergarten - Grade 2 in the PM
- Kindergarten Orientation from 6 - 7 p.m. in the library
Friday, June 8:
- Field Day Rain Date
- Band Concert from 2:00 - 2:30 p.m. in the gym
Monday, June 11:
- Biomes Presentation from 10 - 11:30 a.m. in Grade 1
Wednesday, June 13:.
- Safety Patrol Field Trip to Teamworks from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Friday, June 15:
- Awards Day
- Grades 1 - 4: 9 - 10 a.m. in the gym
- Grade 5: 10:15 - 11 a.m. in the gym
Monday, June 18:
- Kindergarten Picnic from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. in the schoolyard
Tuesday, June 19:
- PTC Obstacle Bounce House Day from 9 - 2:45 p.m. in the schoolyard
Wednesday, June 20:
- PTC Obstacle Bounce House Day Rain Date from 9 - 2:45 p.m. in the schoolyard
- HAPPY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!
***Important Dates to Remember for the rest of May:
Monday, May 14:
- Grade 2 Field Trip to Veteran's Memorial Auditorium
Tuesday, May 15:
- Grade 5 NGSA Science Testing from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, May 16:
- Grade 5 NGSA Science Testing from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, May 17: iReady End of the Year Benchmark Assessments begin
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Presentation (Rowley is Coming!) for grades 3-5 at 1:30 p.m. If your child would like his/her book signed, please send in the book on WEDNESDAY (with your child's name on it). Books will be held by classroom teachers.
Friday, May 18:
- Grade 1 Backyard Activity
Sunday, May 20th:
- GIRLS ON THE RUN 5K at Colt State Park!! Anyone can run as a public runner. Contact Laura Messore if you would like to participate in the 5K (email@example.com).
Tuesday, May 22:
- CHANCE TO DANCE PERFORMANCE AT PPAC!! Contact the school for ticket information.
Wednesday, May 23:
Thursday, May 24:
- Recorder Students' Field Trip to the VETS 9:15-12:00 p.m.
- Grade 3 POW Science Presentation
Friday, May 25:
- Kindergarten Field Trip to Roger Williams Park Planetarium & Museum
Monday, May 28:
- MEMORIAL DAY: NO SCHOOL!!!
Tuesday, May 29:
- District-wide Kindergarten Parent/Guardian Meeting from 6:00-7:00 p.m. at Martin Middle School
Wednesday, May 30:
- Grade 4 Field Trip to Roger Williams Park Zoo
Thursday, May 31
- T-SHIRT TIE-DYE DAY (during Special subject classes)
Silver Spring Toiletry Fundraiser
To Benefit the Hope & Faith Drive
Silver Spring Elementary School will be collecting toiletries for the Hope and Faith Drive! The fundraiser will start on Monday, May 14th and will end on Friday, May 18th!! We will be collecting shampoos, conditioner, soap, tooth paste, mouth wash, tooth brushes, brushes, combs, etc. Travel sizes are excellent as well! Any donation will help us make a difference in the community! You can send in your donation(s) with your child and day throughout the week. We thank you an advance for all of your generosity! Silver Spring is making a difference, and we could not do it without you.
Silver Spring is supporting the
Hope & Faith’s
“Have a Heart Soup Drive”
February 1st- February 14th
Please help us collect cans of soup (and other canned goods) to help the less fortunate! Thank you for your contributions!
*Let your good deeds be like rain, drop a little everywhere*
Supply List for all Classes
Box of Faith Food Drive
Below is the schedule for all elementary schools. Please note teachers will be contacting you to schedule an appointment. Please mark your calendars accordingly. Be advised there will be early release on November 16th to allow for more conference times.
Evening Conferences will be: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at the following times: 5:00 pm -7:00 pm
Afternoon conferences will be: Thursday November 16th at the following times: 1:15 pm -3:15 pm
On Thursday, November 16th there will be an early dismissal for students to allow for a half day of parent conferences in the afternoon. School will be dismissed at the following time: 12:00 pm
* IMPORTANT: YMCA WILL NOT HAVE AFTER SCHOOL CARE AT ANY SITES ON EARLY RELEASE DAY PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
* IMPORTANT: BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB WILL PROVIDE AFTER SCHOOL CARE AT THEIR WILLIAMS AVE AND HENNESSEY SITES
School-Wide PJ Day!
When: Wednesday, November 1st!
Where: Silver Spring Elementary School!
Why?: To kick off our Thanksgiving “Box of Faith” Food Drive!
*With a donation of one canned good (from the attached list) for your child’s “Box of Faith”, they may wear PJs to school! Please see the attached letter for more information about Silver Spring’s November Food Drive! Looking forward to a fun-filled day in PJs for a great cause!!
Important Information from Central Administration
Supt. Letter to Families English
Supt. Letter to Families Portuguese
Interested in Substitute Teaching?
Silver Spring Helpful Links
Fatima Avila, Principal
Kristina Duarte, Secretary
120 Silver Spring Avenue
East Providence, RI, 02915
Full Staff Listing